Thursday, February 10, 2011

Project Life {Week 1}

This year I've joined the HUGE following of people participating in Project Life by Becky Higgins.  Project Life is. . .well it's anything you want it to be. . .Love that!!  I'm going the pretty traditional route documenting bits and pieces of our daily life using photos, stories, and 'scraps' of 'stuff' I come across. . .isn't that what 'scrap'-booking is all about?? :)
I've chosen to continue using my 'matchy-matchy' American Crafts cloth albums for this project.  I just like the way they look all lined up on the shelf together.  So, I ordered the Project Life page protectors in my favorite style and a couple boxes of the journaling cards to go with it.  All of products can be found at Amazon.com (search Becky Higgins Project Life).  Oh, and if you didn't know they are also sold in a complete kit (shown here and here). . .which is Super-Spectacular-Awesome!!  :) -Can't believe I forgot to mention that.
Here are a few shots of my Project Life Week 1:

Above, you can see I've included movie ticket stubs, a piece of my Project Life packaging, photos, journaling cards and some decorative paper.  The photos are from New Year's Day (watching football and playing Mexican Train), Nathan patiently waiting to leave for his first playdate without me, and holiday decoration removal.  I plan to use the Basic Grey 'Hopscotch' line of paper throughout the entire year and add lots of stamped stars, polka dots  and little arrow to the journaling cards to keep it cohesive.
Above, I've inserted an American Crafts 6X12 page protector (for 4X6 photos) to include the story of me 'camping out on a sidewalk' to try to get 2 of the boys into the new charter school in our district. 
Above, is the back of the insert.  I've included a newspaper article about the campout, a photo of the line from my perspective, and another photo I found at the start of the line. . .sorry about the glare -I'll definitely be working on correcting that.  :)
Above, I've included a photo taken of the boys and I strolling through Disneyland (we played hookie) and another of B and I having breakfast on Main Street U.S.A. (I can't say 'Main Street U.S.A. without giggling and saying it loud and slow like the train conductor from the Disneyland Railroad! -lol!).  Also shown are photos of B and the boys keeping busy playing games (board and video) while our furniture, entertainment center and living room TV were still packed away because of the broken water pipe in the adjacent wall.  Lastly, more receipts, movie ticket stubs, product packaging and a journaling card have been added.
I love this project.  It is sooooo easy to do.  Just add photos and 'stuff' once a week.  I've got a little spot on a countertop in my craft area where I collect 'stuff' I may add to the album and I download the photos to be used once a week.  Super simple.  AND I am still loving doing more creative, pretty pages about the stories I love best.
Hope you've enjoyed a peak at this project. . .I'll be catching up on the other weeks that I've completed, then I plan to post weekly throughout the year.  Big goal for me, I know. 
Well I'm heading out. . .gonna go for a walk. . .then put together the Valentine's projects I started yesterday.  I'm hoping to get it posted tomorrow in the hopes of stirring up those creative juices in you for this weekend! :)
Hint:  I'm using these. . . . .
See you soon!
love, lisa

No comments: