Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Friend

I love banners.  I know the 'trend' has been around a while. . .but I
still love them.  I love them on LO's, cards, and hanging in my house (I hang seasonal banners in my living/dining room area 24-7).  They just make me so darn happy!  :) 

This layout was for a Club CK Summer Camp assignment. . .and I thought it was right up my alley.  I had soooo much fun making it. . .and I am very happy with how it turned out.  The banner is made using October Afternoon and Jillibean Soup DP. . .along with orange baker's twine from Studio Calico and buttons from my good ol' Rusty Pickle (RIP) stash.  To get their shape I used the MFT scalloped scallop die snipped into sections and inked up with Maya Road Metallic Blue ink pad.  I think it looks 'super-HAPPY!' 





Recipe:
CS:  Bazzill
DP:  October Afternoon, Jillibean Soup
Ink:  Maya Road (Metallic Blue), Ranger (Broken China & Spiced Marmalade)
Die: My Favorite Things
Punch:  EK Success
Stamps:  Studio Calico (alpha), Papertrey Ink (stars)
Chipboard Letteres (title):  The Girls' Paperie
Other:  Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Trim

I love this picture of Nathan and Malia.  We were at our garden just after we built our raised beds. . .and Malia REALLY wanted to check it out.  I told her that we hadn't planted much yet. . .but she still wanted to go.  The two of them had the best afternoon together!!  They ran, and hid, and laughed for a looong time.  Before we left, I asked them to pose for a quick picture a Malia wrapped her arms around my Natey without hesitation.  They were sooooo cute that day.  I love them to pieces. . .and hope they will always be good friends.  :)

love, lisa

No comments: