Tuesday, July 20, 2010

High 5

Last weekend I finished up participating in Club CK's Summer Camp Activities.  One of the 'merit badges' that you could earn was for Fire Safety.  The assignment was to use heat embossing on a layout (LO) or card (apparently without burning down your house -lol!)   :)  I added the number '5' all over the banner pattern paper on the left side of the LO.  It was soooo much fun!  The excitement I had watching the powder shrivel up and shine was CRAZY....I was cracking up!!  I will definitely do this again. 
Here's the LO:
Next, is a little better shot of one of the no. 5's I heat embossed:


I wish that you could have seen the powder heat up!! :)  It was like magic!!  ;)  I totally felt like a kid making shrinky-dinks for the first time!!  :)

Anyway...

We ended up off roading to this location on Father's Day after having a delicious breakfast at The Red Kettle in Idyllwild. The day was filled with lots of cool sights. . .I'm SURE you'll be seeing more LO's scrapped about that day. :)

The photo is of Cody and Brett giving each other a 'high 5' at the top of a rock pile they climbed.  To be perfectly honest, it was a doosey!  Brett had to coax our fearless Cody up!  I was so glad that they completed this together. . .a big trust builder. 

Recipe:
CS:  Bazzill
DP & Die Cut:  The Girls' Paperie
Cork & Scallop Die:  My Favorite Things
Alphas:  Lush Basics by My Mind's Eye
Candy Dots:  Pebbles
Stamp:  Studio Calico
Clear Embossing Ink:  Stampendous
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous
Other:  Glue Dots, Black American Crafts Pen, Red Thread

That's it for today!  Happy crafting friends!! :)

love, lisa



No comments: