Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Journal

I whipped up this quick journal this morning while 2 kids were at school, 2 more were making Valentine's Day crafts and 1 little one was fast asleep.  I LOVE lists. . .and always have LOTS of notepads laying around.  I wanted to make a special 'food journal' to keep at hand to help me in my weight loss endeavors.  Here's what I came up with:






  To make it, I simply found some scrap chipboard, and cut 2 pieces down to about 4.5X 6.5.  I then dressed up the front with a page from my college thesaurus. . .specifically the page with 'journal' on it.  Next, I grabbed my Cosmo Cricket scrap pile and found a few pieces of  'Earth Love'. . .used different scissors and punches on the edges. . .inked everything. . .and after some careful measuring, I punched the large heart shape out of the DP so that it's shape created a heart around the word 'journal'.  I stamped another heart around the word. . .and added some lacey stuff with my tiny attacher.  The final step was to hole punch the 2 covers and the 4X6 blank index cards that I had planned on using as pages inside.  That's it.  Done.  {Notice I took the picture of the inside before I started logging my food consumption! -he-he!}

Hope to post some other lovelies real soon!  Thanks for stopping by.  : )

love, lisa

No comments: