Monday, January 18, 2010

All About Me Challenge #9


  Here is my submission for All About Me Challenge #9.   We were supposed to create a LO describing something that makes us angry.  I ended up writing about 'mean people'. . .because, SERIOUSLY, they do make me very angry (a flash of last year's 'bully' situation at my son's school just popped into my head -grr!).

The journaling reads:
I honestly consider myself to be an optimist.  I look for the good in everyone.  I try to make the best of a bad situation.  I try my hardest ot use kind words when others aren't.  But. . .I do get angry too. . .and it's usually because of mean people.  They can be hurtful and vicious.  I honestly thank God I am not one of them.







Recipe:
CS-  Bazzill
DP-  October Afternoon & Crate Paper
Stamp-  Papertrey Ink
Ink-  Stampin' Up! & ColorBox
Embroidery Floss-  DMC
Digital Photo Frame- From Designer Digitals, Katie Pertiet
Title- DYMO Label Maker

  I used white embroidery floss to outline the white raindrops on the DP.  I think it gives the LO the added texture and dimension it would otherwise be missing.  The title was made with my $5 Dymo label maker. . .whoo-hoo! -bargain.  : )  I also used it to cover up the 's' that was circled on the green strip of alphabet paper.  It now reads 'seriously'.  I also circle stamped the 'a' . . .because of it's symbolism with the 'angry' topic.  The dotted journaling lines are stamped in a coordinating turquoise. . .which is way outta my 'timber brown' standard choice. . .but I like it.  : )  I also experimented with a little doodling = {fun} : )  Finally, I took this picture using the webcam on my new computer. . .fun new gadget. . .will have to play with it more to get better shots.  I placed the photo in a digital frame by Katie Pertiet. . .totally new for me too.  Hope to learn more about digital scrapping in the future. : ) . . .O.K.  I'm rambling now. . .I'll let you go enjoy your day! : )

Hope to have you back soon!  : )

love, lisa

2 comments:

janis said...

love love love your layout! thanks for playing along with us over at aam!

Donna said...

Love this... great take on the challenge!