Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Card

This is a birthday card I made for my Grandma. I dropped it off with a selection of Starbucks Cake Pops and a new Mary Higgins Clark book...and it was all a suprise!  So much of a suprise in fact, that she was still in her robe and shocked as all heck that I had showed up unannounced on her doorstep! -lol!!! -Priceless, I tell ya! :)
The card front is a simple kraft cardstock base covered with a basic doily, gray tag, banner, stitching and pattern paper (My Mind's Eye - miss caroline). The banner was made with yellow and white baker's twine, more miss caroline paper, a heart punch, a wood asterisk, mini staplesink, and stamps.
The inside of the card has a strip of matching paper, scraps of doily, and a heart stamped with versamark ink.
I really thought about heat embossing that lil heart...I had it in my head that it would look good all shiney. :)  The versamark ink won out in the end though...because I wanted to be able to handwrite a message on top of it.  :)

That's it for now.  See you soon!
love, lisa


No comments: