Thursday, December 22, 2011

Last Minute Holiday Gift Idea


Good morning!  Happy Thursday :)  Today is a low-key kinda day over here at the Westphal household.  We were all able to sleep in, get up at our leisure, find Alex (our Elf on the Shelf...that I call 'Shelf on the Elf' 99% of the time -lol!), had a hot breakfast complete with coffee {sigh} and had some free time. 
I couldn't find a coaster to place my coffee mug on and remembered this pin on Pinterest.  I grabbed 3 colors of wool felt, some puffy quilty stuff, my Big Shot, and a set of Nestabilities dies.  I simply ran the felt & puffy stuff through the die cut machine with the chosen die, sandwiched everything together, and messy-stitched it all together with natural colored thread with Mr. Janome. 
Coaters in record time!!  I still have to pop out the tiny circles you can see on each scallop...{I snapped the shot before doing that...I guess I was too excited about making this set in about 10 minutes flat!} :)  These would make a fast, inexpensive 'last minute holiday gift' for just about anyone.  Definitely give it a try!
Thanks for stopping in... :) I'm off to work on my Project Life and December Daily albums. I hope you have a wonderful day too! :)

love, lisa

No comments: