Monday, September 13, 2010

Thank You Cards

Hi there! :)
I hope you had a happy-scrappy weekend!  I am pretty pleased that I snuck in a little crafty time among the busy days that we had planned around here.  I made enough projects to post at least one a day. . .all week!  That's big for me considering the schedule I'm currently holding down.  Here is a set of thank you cards I made for my 9 year old son to send out.  I'm lovin' stars again. . .so prepare to see a lot of them on my upcoming projects :)

And here's a little close up:

I started with my fave. . .a square kraft card base, and then inked and add the cute cloud pattern paper (Studio Calico).  The striped pattern paper (October Afternoon) was added after using a notebook style border punch (EK Success) and a little more ink (ColorBox).

Next, I used my circle dies (Spellbinders), kraft colored cardstock (Stampin' Up!) and orange-ish colored pattern paper (My Mind's Eye) to create a focal point for my stamped sentiment.

You can kinda see it starting to come together above.  These layers were also inked before I used a thank you stamp (Papertrey Ink) and timber brown ink (StazOn) for the sentiment.  The buttons are all from Papertrey Ink.

This is where the true 'me' comes out a little bit.  :)  I love stars and polka-dots. . .and I finally broke down and purchased the Fiskars extra large star punch.  I LOVE IT!!  Each star is punched out using more of the October Afternoon paper and inked up a little.  To 'personalize' it *which is another FAVORITE element of mine* I used some coordinating scraps from my stash and punched out small circles.  I inked the edges, then stamped my son's initials on them.  The initialled circles were attached to the stars using my tiny attacher.  Then, I used foam squares to adhere them to the card fronts and to add a layer of dimension.

The insides of the cards were finished off with the some more My Mind's Eye pattern paper that I used on the front.  The edges were all inked and I stamped a strip of stars :)  along the bottom.

Before I completed the cards, I roughed up the notebook edged papers to give them a more 'ripped right outta a notebook look'  :)

That's it!  I really love how the set turned out. . .and if you were a loved one that sent my dear 9 year old a card or gift. . .keep an eye on your mailbox. . .'cuz they're going out today! :)

love, lisa

1 comment:

laura vegas said...

these are really cute! i could see these as birthday cards. i NEVER have birthday cards, and they're the ones i use the most. lol!