Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Little More 'Welcoming'

My front door is looking a little more 'welcoming' these days with the added touch of this little sign. 
(I never noticed before that our screen door is crooked -LOL!)
Here's a close-up:

    I just LOVE the Pebbles papers used on this project.  They are so fun and happy!  I have 3 more projects using the same line waiting in the wings. :) 
     For this one, I up-cycled some cardboard packaging and created the rectangular shape at the top.  I used Pebbles paper to cover it, painted the edges, added a strip of lacey stuff, popped another sheet of Pebbles paper in my Cricut machine to cut out 'welcome', and finally added two little chipboard pieces.  Super easy!
    The watermelon started off as a 6 1/2 in chipboard piece that I sliced down the middle.  Next I gathered coordinating Pebbles papers, cut lots of them into 3 1/2 by 3/4 in strips, folded them in half -without creasing them -and tacked on a mini glue dot. Lastly, I got out the ol' glue gun and went to town! :)  It was sooo much fun! (except for a few burned fingers) :)


    I pieced the whole contraption together using some thick hemp twine. . .and tah-duh! :)  -A very cheery, summer welcome sign that you could make too!

Thanks for stopping in!  See ya Monday. . . :)
love, lisa

No comments: