Monday, April 12, 2010

Baby Brag Book

One of my sister's sweet neighbors recently asked me to create a baby album for an upcoming shower.  Of course I agreed! :)  I LOVE making stuff. . .and it was for a baby *GIRL* -which is always super-fun because I have all boys. :)
I was told that the nursery would have a bird theme and included turquoise, magenta, lime green and peach. . . and that the furniture was dark wood.  So. . .here is the fun little book I came up with.  It's filled with lots of spots for journaling and pictures, and includes a bag of 'extras' that the recipient can easily add.  I covered a clothes pin with matching papers, attached a 'bow holder' (she needed a place to attach the beautiful handmade baby bows she made), and a little coordinating heart that says '4 U'.  *Oh, also in the bag of 'extras' is a matching journaling spot for the bottom left corner of the album's cover.  It's a spot to place the baby's name. . .once she arrives. :)
(Sorry about the bad lighting. . .imagine it bright & fun-looking -he-he!  **See the spot I left for the baby's name/journaling spot. . .it fits in perfectly on the bottom left**)




(The banner page above turned out super-cute. . .photos easily slip underneathe each banner that have been mounted with 3D foam squares. . .I tested it out with some of my photos & it looked soooo dang-cute!)

(You can't see it. . .but these pages are sprayed with glimmer mist. . .forgot the name off hand. . .but its pink-ish :)  I'll have to find the name and add it here later)  :)

(The page on the right has a transparent center, with a 'PRECIOUS' rub-on and pink pearl on it. . .it will look awesome with the baby's photo peering through from the next page)


Recipe:
Chipboard Book:  Maya Road
CS:  Bazzill
DP:  Cosmo Cricket, My Mind's Eye
Embellishments:  American Crafts, Basic Grey
Tools:  Dies=Spellbinders, Punch=Fiskars
Other:  Loads of random ribbon, transparency, clothespin

I wish the pictures had turned out a little better.  The colors were gorgeous and it was just a perfect size.

Tip:  If you ever have an project that is simply too thick to punch holes through -Don't panic. . .FedEx Office stores (or another printing/binding company) can save you.  They are able to 'drill holes' through just about anything with their fancy-schmancy hole drilling machine :)  . . .and yes. . .I'm speaking from experience. :)

Have a wonderful day!

love, lisa

No comments: