Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Birthday Books

Every year I make a Birthday Book for each of my boys.  I document the previous year in a mini album that they can look through and even add to if they'd like.  It's something that is meant to get used and a little messed up.  It's their special book and I want them to be able to look back at the things they did and liked when they were younger.
I'll admit...I'm a little behind.  I just finished Cody's 7 year old book that I should have given him when he turned 8 -last August.  But, needless to say. . . I finished it.  : )  Here are a couple of the pages from his book (the bright paper totally fits his personality):




Recipe:
Chipboard Mini Album & Mini Envelope:  Maya Road
DP:  Basic Grey (Lime Rickey)
Journal Spots & Star Stickers:  Jillibean Soup (Journaling Sprouts & Alphabeans)
Alphas (cover):  American Crafts & Making Memories
Other:  Dymo Label Maker, Pen

The pages include photos of events, places/trips, milestones, favorite items etc. (counting the cover. . .I think there are 16 pages total).  I've used my Dymo label maker to site the months documented on each page.  In the very back I've included a Maya Road mini envelope that holds additional photos, ticket stubs, notes etc. that he can pull out and look at. 
Maybe it's just my boys, but they really seem to like these books.  I plan on making some sort of Birthday Book for them each year, until they think it's not-cool.  (Then I'll secretly make them and set them aside until they can appreciate them again)  : )

That's it for today!  See you all tomorrow!  : )

love, lisa

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Fabulous album, love all the bright colors!