Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One More Christmas Post. . . (he-he)

   Alright. . .in my defense. . .I didn't have a computer during the Christmas holiday season. . .so, I have a little catching up to do. . .but this will be the end of it. . .*promise*.  {smile}
   Many of you know that I'm big on 'banners'.  I have a permanent spot in my livingroom/dining area that I always hang one at.  I have also started carrying them in my etsy shop (which is empty right now. . .been BUSY).  Here is our Christmas banner from this year. . . along with a few snap-shots of 'the making of':











Recipe:
CS- Bazzill (Java)
DP- Graphic 45 (Christmas Past Collection)
Letters- Used Cricut With Bazzill CS
Buttons- Papertrey Ink
Ink- Colorbox Chalk
Other- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Old Christmas Sheet Music, Felt Snowflakes

  The 'O' DP is from a sheet of old Christmas sheet music.  I didn't have the heart to cut into the book, so I copied & resized it.  The felt snowflakes were originally white. . .I sprayed them with gold glimmer mist. . .and they ended up looking more antiqued beige than gold (which is good because I'm not a big fan of gold). . .the new color blended much better with the Graphic 45 paper collection I chose.
 
  This is a mini gift card book I made using Cosmo Cricket's 'Jolly By Golly' line.








Recipe:
CS- Stampin' Up! (Kraft)
DP- Cosmo Cricket (Jolly By Golly line)
Ink- Pallette
Other- Ribbon from stash, Marvy hole punch, 'Red' double sided super-sticky tape

  This gift card holder holds 3 gift cards.  The 'recipe' can be adapted to fit as many cards as you'd like.  Once the 'pockets' were made, I created a book-like cover to attach them to.  The edges were inked in white and a ribbon holds the gift together.  Easy-peasy! : )

  I love monogramed gifty & other scrapbooky stuff. . .{smile}.  This year I made super-simple holiday gift tags by stamping the recipients names onto white-ish-cream cardstock (he-he).  They were punched out and mounted with 3D foam tape (for dimension) onto some super-cute Christmas DP.  I tied them to their packages using matching embroidery floss.


Recipe:
CS- Stampin' Up!
DP- Making Memories (Mistletoe)
Stamps-Studio Calico (Noah alphabet)
Ink- Stampin' Up! & Colorbox
Other- Marvy circle punches, DMC embroidery floss

  This year we had a few 'odd' shaped gift cards/certificates to gift. . .Seriously, the 'gift cards' you print online. . .need help in the 'visual appeal' area.  So, I covered 6X9 black envelopes and made some more easy tags.  The gifts looked MUCH better after that:




Recipe:
CS- Stampin' Up!
DP- Making Memories (Mistletoe)
Ink- Pallette
Stamps- EK Success Image Tree (Antique Typewriter Upper Case Set)
Other- Envelopes (found at LSS), Bow (found at Target), DMC embroidery floss

  Finally, I made multiple sets of Christmas cards this year (I didn't pick up enough of one style paper to make one mass production).  Here is a set using Making Memories Mistletoe line of DP:




Recipe:
CS- Stampin' Up!
DP- Making Memories (Mistletoe)
Stamp- Papertrey Ink
Ink- Stampin' Up!
Other- Ric Rac from stash

  The Christmas trees on the front of the card are each cut from a piece of DP and mounted using glue dots and 3D foam squares (to create various depths).  The inside is another DP from the same line.  I simply stamped the sentiment, wrote a little something, and tah-duh! . . .they were done.  {smile} 

  So, that's it for now.  I won't bore you any more Christmas projects. . .just these few so that I can feel like 'I shared'.  {he-he}

Have a wonderful day!

love, lisa

No comments: