Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting Caught Up. . .Posting AAM #5 & #8

Hello there! :)  As many of you already know. . .I did receive a new computer for Christmas from my SUPER-WONDERFUL-AWESOME husband and boys. -XOXOXO!  I've been trying to 'catch up' on photographing and posting layouts, cards, and other crafty stuff.  My main focus today will be locating my All About Me Challenge projects, and posting them here and on their gallery. 
Here are the first two that I've found so far:

For AAM #5:








Recipe:
Cardstock:  Stampin Up! Kraft
DP:  My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  Studio Calico (Noah), Technique Tuesday (Ali Edwards Family Circle and Everyday Life Sets)
Ink:  StazOn
Rubons:  Hambly Studios
Bling:  Basic Grey & unknown
Envelope:  Maya Road
Other:  Paint (Delta Antique White), and paper crimper

The challenge was to use the prompt: I can't live without. . .  I immediate thought selfishly and a list containing chocolate, flip-flops, coffee, Mary Higgins Clark novels, crafts, and blogs popped into my head.  But, as I began to think more deeply. . .'my family' is honestly what I couldn't live without.  After experiencing the loss of one son. . .I don't have any idea how I could sanely function if tragedy struck again.  They are my everything. 
This layout was so fun to make. . .and not just because I busted out the good old paper crimper!  I enjoyed adding the little details like the bling on the doily shaped rubons. . .that I accidentally ended up putting on (one got stuck on my LO, and the idea grew from there)!  I also, hand wrote a personal little note that I tucked into the mini envelope on the bottom corner.

Here is AAM #8:


Recipe:
Cardstock:  Stampin Up!
DP & Sticker:  October Afternoon
Sticker Letters:  American Crafts
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Stampin Up!
Other:  Pigma Micron Pen

This was for AAM Challenge #8. . .Your Guilty Pleasure.  LOL! -And although I feel a little guilty. . .I honestly have to say that it is an obsession!  I could never stop eating chocolate.

love, lisa

No comments: