Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Family. Us.

    Here's a quick LO that I recently made using My Mind's Eye.  I had picked the paper out at my LSS a few weeks ago, thinking that I could scrap one of the many beach trips we made last summer.  Somehow, it slipped into the back of my stash and went unnoticed until now.  I don't usually go for the beachy/Hawaiian print stuff. . .but, I like it for this LO.  : )
    It's a little hard to see, but the wavy strips at the bottom are actually Technique Tuesday's wavy baseboard tiles.  They were soooo easy to apply the DP to and cut out.  In real life the definition and dimension it gives the page is pretty darn cool.  I don't know why I haven't tried using them before.
    The photo is of my Husband and boys.  I snapped it from the side of the road on our way up to my niece's birthday party in Malibu.  -It was actually my way of getting to pull over so that I could catch my breath and get it together before we headed up higher into the hills on the narrow, curvy road : ). . .note to all travelers. . .Ford F-250 long bed trucks NOT recommended in Malibu (although my husband will argue otherwise!).  Surprisingly, I got a pic with everyone looking and smiling!  -Yay!!  Those are so hard to come by. 










Recipe:
Cardstock:  Bazzill Kraft
DP & Die Cut Tag:  My Mind's Eye
Wavy Tile Baseboards:  Technique Tuesday
Stamps:  Technique Tuesday & Papertrey Ink
Ink:  StazOn & ColorBox
Adhesive:  Glue Dots


    The boys are home from school today in honor of Veterans Day.  We'll be swinging by Riverside National Cemetary later today. . .the anniversary of my Mom's passing was  yesterday. . .I just feel like I need to be there.  After that I hope that I'll be in an o.k. mood so that I can make some 'stuff'.  Hopefully, you get the chance to get 'crafty' too. : )

Thanks for looking!  I hope you come by again real soon. : )

love, lisa
 

2 comments:

Kim said...

what a terrific family photo!! I love all the details you've included like the handcut flowers and the dimensional waves. beautiful work, Lisa!

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhh, I love these colours & gorgeous work hun!

Hugz

Deb