Thursday, September 27, 2012

Scrappy Thursdays

 Hi there!
It was a scrappy Thursday around here today. I had a very special birthday gift to wrap up super quick. Per my 'norm' I started with a brown/kraft paper wrap. To dress up my wrap, I usually use book pages, doilies, heat embossing, stamping, fabric or my left-over scappy-scraps.
Today, I ended up grabbing three different sheets of paper and punched/cut out a couple of the edges.
 Next, I lightly taped them together. This helped to lengthen them so the new, bigger strip would be long enough to wrap around my package.
 I then ran the paper through my sewing machine several times to add texture and make sure that the papers didn't come apart. 
 The paper 'band' was wrapped around the package and adhered with Craft Glue Dots (these are super-strong).
 A Lily Bee idex journaling card with a Lawn Fawn birthday stamp sentiment & images was placed on top.
 Then I grabbed some left-over brown kraft paper wrap and cut it into strips.  I gathered them up and stapled them with my tiny attacher, adhered to the package with a Glue Dot and finally added a Kaisercraft resin flower blossom.
And there you have it. Easy peasy gift wrap using the stuff I love. Give it a try!!

love, lisa

No comments: