Sunday, September 18, 2011

City Girl Goes Country | Creative Scrappers #174

Good Morning everyone!
It has been a crazy week over here.  I'm truly thankful that I was able to get some scrapping done between all the other 'stuff' I had to do.  I just *LOVE* popping in my iPod and singing my brains out while I get into 'the zone'.  :)  My family thinks I'm crazy...but I don't care.  It makes me happy!! :)

Today I'm sharing my take on Creative Scrappers Sketch #174.  It was a GOOD one...and I've used it 2 other times since :)  Here's 'City Girl Goes Country'.  A headline about my gardening endeavors this year. :)



I've been really big on making my own background paper lately.  For this one, I've used a Studio Calico stamp (newsprint pattern), Jenni Bowlin ink ('seed packet'), and a piece of Scenic Route grid paper (SR..RIP) :)  I really like the 'newspaper' feel that was created and simply went from there. 


For the title, I've used some October Afternoon, letter stickers (that I've been hoarding..for-ev-er), and gave them a quick drive by on my sewing machine.  The sub-titles 'extra-extra' and 'read all about it' are Lily Bee, and  'breaking news'  was made with my Dymo labeler.




I used Katie Pertiet's Fastened Frames No.4 digital template to create the photo strips.  The sketch called for 1-3 photos per strip...and as you can see I got a little crazy.  That's when I put the photos on the diagonal.  Which I think worked out well since the 'newsprint paper' was also on the diagonal.  It really started shaping up into the 'front page' I was hoping for.

I tossed in some hand journaling and a few butterflies created from Martha Stewart punches (3-n-1 classic butterfly, classic butterfly, and the large monarch butterfly ).  A few pieces of pattern paper to brighten things up...and viola!!!  An 'article' in the 'newspaper' about my garden!! :)

I hope you have a wonderful week.  Thanks for stopping in today! :)

love, lisa

3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is fantastic Lisa! I love the newsprint paper you made!! Very cool. Everything looks great on an angle. You have some wonderful goodies from your garden as well. Next year, I am hoping for more berries!!! Didn't get too many this year. Need a different strawberry plant. I have to find the variation that produces the bigger fruit. Mine are (or were) so tiny.

Annemieke said...

Love what you did with the pictures!! Gorgeous lo!
Annemieke

Patricia said...

Lisa your page is gorgeous... adore this colorful photos and the big titlle...LOVE it!!!