Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Around and Around

{click to enlarge}
I'm loving getting caught up on these Disneyland layouts! :)   I feel soooo happy when I see the pics I took while there. . .it makes scrappin' easy!
One of my favorite styles or ways to scrap is to use lots of different fonts, letters, alpha stamps etc. to journal the story.  On this LO, I've used two different alpha stamp sets, and two different kinds of alpha stickers.  I think it helps keep the viewer interested and engaged in actually reading the story. . .vs. . .simply scanning the LO. 
I'm really happy with the way the colors/papers etc. all came together.  I pulled the red from N's shirt and went with it.  I initially thought I should use bright-happy-wild colors. . .but when I saw my Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 papers. . .I don't know. . .I just thought. . .hmmm. . .different. . .but good! :)
I cut the 'N' out of one of the patterened papers. . .it's almost like having free embellishments. . .and I highly recommend this. . .you can't go wrong. 

And, if you haven't guessed the LO is about the Tea Cups ride at Disneyland and 'N's' crazy name for it.  He just gets something in his head. . .and that's it! :)  He's sooo silly. 

Recipe:
DP:  Cosmo Cricket
Letter Stickers:  American Crafts, Jenni Bowlin Studio
Buttons:  Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  Studio Calico
Ink:  Staz On
Adhesive:  Glue Dots
Pen:  Sakura

That's all for today! :)

love, lisa

No comments: