Friday, September 18, 2009

Fun stuff made with Jillibean Soup

I am in love.  In love with Jillibean Soup.  Their product line is soooo versatile.  It meshes in well with just about any crafting style out there.  I bought a few items. . .then a few more. . .and now I'm hooked.  Here is a birthday set I made yesterday.  I plan on hanging the fun 'little' pennant/banner in my craft zone. . .it just makes me happy!  (And yes, I devoured the cupcake!)

Included in this set is a Birthday Card -or invite, a simple set of post-party Thank You cards , a cute coordinating banner and a cupcake topper.  A great thing about their products is that you can use multiple lines and they seem to go well with one another.  Here I've used PP from the Minestrone Soup line, Grandma's Christmas Soup line, Soup Staples on white & kraft.  I also splurged on lots and lots of their Journaling Sprouts. . . (Ya, you heard right. . . .Aren't their product names adorable??!!)


Here's a close-up of the card/invite.  I've used lots of fun layers to brighten up it's appeal.  I pulled out my old french-fry. . .oops. . .I meant 'paper' crinkler. . .(crimping tool) to make the striped PP look like a real cupcake liner (the striped paper is from the Minestrone line. . .and is my new found favorite! -LOVE it!).  The 'frosting' is punched from a scalloped oval and distressed with chalk ink.  Difficult to see, but the red border dots are actually raised up with foam square to add more dimension.  The 'Party Time' topper is mounted with a toothpick. . .the white/green circle part is one of their journaling sprouts. . too cute!


I just wanted to point out that the cupcake itself is 'puffed out' on the card.  There are lots of foam squares in the center of the cupcake liner to make it look round on the card.  The frosting is also raised away from the card. . .with lots of layers to make it look super-yummy!






That's it for this set.  Sure was fun to make! 

love, lisa

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Looks great all that Jilly Bean stuff. Love it!!!!

Take a look at my blog Lisa and send me your address....! You won my RAK!

Danny said...

ooh cool blog visit mine tooo please.
http://problemsinmyopinion.blogspot.com/